My Fav Google Ads

Valentine's Bonus Story: Teenage Love is Full of Drama

Before i started writing this, i wondered if i would feel the pain in my heart recalling those precious moments..I wonder if i would start crying or if i would be emotionally affected by it. But. No. I am absolutely fine and i don't feel anything... I guess i am well over it... And that was never easy to achieve.... Especially for someone like me...


*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  *

Biography:

I was 16. He was 17.
 My birthday was Jan15, his Jan19. 
 I was a sophomore.He was my senior.
I am a Malay mix. He is Chinese + Indian = Chindian. 
His friends thought i was Chindian, my friends thought he was Malay.
 He played basketball. I loved basketball.
 His name started with a K. My favourite letter was K, long before I even knew him. 

When I first saw him, i never knew there would be anything special between us. I felt normal and i guess so did he. We had no activities in common so we rarely saw each other in school. My school has a great way of separating people who have nothing in common. For example, in Form 1,2 and 3 there were Technical students and Business students. I never or rarely met students of the other group. He was an athlete. I wasn't into much sports in my early years of middle school. We started knowing each other when i was nominated as the 10th Grade Representative for my Sports House- The Blue Team. His friend was the Captain of our team. His friend often came to my class to pass important messages on our coming sports day. One day, the Captain came along with K. After that, K came along everytime our Captain needed to see me.

At the canteen, I couldn't eat peacefully. I could always feel someone watching me. It was K again. I started sitting away from him. He would talk to me and ask general questions but I didn't take him seriously. I thought he was just being friendly like he did to everyone. One day, during my BLADES meeting, he was there outside the class waiting for me. He asked for my number. I assumed it was for our sports stuff. He walked me out the school. 

The next week, I stayed after school for my BLADES meeting and he stayed too. He met me before the meeting and suddenly popped up after the meeting, just like last week. He carried my bag. He said it was too heavy for me. He said " No wonder you're shorter than your sister. Your heavy bag pulls you down." I felt so Urgh! hahaha

He started messaging me almost everyday. He called and he wished me Goodmorning and Goodnight and How are you messages. One day i ran out of credit. He paid for my phone credit that time. I felt in debt to him. 

The things he did were special. No guy has ever dared to do most of those things for me willingly although quite a number of guys told me they were interested at that time. When i didn't see the effort, i thought they were just not serious enough. He was an exception.

I didn't tell anyone about him except for my 3 trustworthy friends. I didn't want people to know because i, myself didn't know what was going on that time.

One fine day, a friend burst the news in my class. "Someone's going out with K!!" She told everyone. Some people seemed like they already knew. Many of them were shocked. I was shocked. I asked my 3 friends but none of them said a word. They promised and I believed that it was not them who spread the news. He did. 

One day, he texted me and talked about bringing our relationship more serious. I told him I was not ready and  let's just be friends. He told me to think about it and to not give my answer now. i told him i was really happy being his friend. He told me " Let's talk about it after exams." That was the last message.  He wished me luck. He was having SPM that year. He asked if i could teach him Additional Math but i was not even learning the things he did yet so it was no success. We were both pure science students.He did not message me or distract me at all during our Mid-term exam. I loved him because of that. He understood well that exams are important to me and i had to study. I got the Golden Award that year for Mid-term exam for the second time in my life. I never got any after that. The Golden Award is so hard to get..you have no idea...

On the last day of exam, he texted me again. He watched me get my awards. He called me smart and beautiful. He admired me and I was fluttered by the thought. He told me I slept early like a baby. Hello i can never go past 12 for the sake of beauty sleep. Just kidding.  I really can't my body system not used to it. 

I fell in love with him.

I started liking everything about him. He seemed like the perfect guy and not the perfect guy at the same time. He loved skipping classes to play basketball. The basketball court was near my class. I would watch him play but he would get too distracted and his friends would get mad at him for losing the game. I decided not to do that anymore.

He always came to my class. He would come after school and walk me halfway home because he would be too excited to play basketball. That year I joined the basketball tournament for girls and Blue Team came number 1! 

He supported anything i did and i mean EVERYTHING. Most of the things i did were the things he didn't do but he acted so interested. i feel like crying saying this because you will soon find out what happened. 
I was in the School Drama Team, playing the lead role, Julia. He would watch me practice for the play. My director would get mad because i couldn't say my roles properly when i saw him peeking from the window outside with his friends. We often had to change venue when that happened. One day, when i was hosting the Speakers Corner and needed a volunteer, he was the first one to come up although i knew he was least interested in what i was doing. I would say that he was the sweetest and most caring and loving guy (apart from my father and brother of course) I had ever met at that time. 

He asked me out on a date. My first date. I was reluctant. My parents wouldn't be too fond of the idea. Especially since I'm the first child so they have never encountered things like this before. I told him I couldn't because my parents did not allow me to. He told me " Tell your parents you will be 100% safe with me."
My heart aches saying this. I feel like it was yesterday. I am writing this based on pure memory. I am not referring to my diary although i have written everything in there. I think i have torn and thrown every note about him. I hope he doesn't know I still remember this.

 I was hosting Talentime during his SPM Trial exam. He apologised because he couldn't watch me. He didn't want to miss his test. Of course i understand that totally. He told me I must've looked beautiful. He made me love him even more.

My friends told me he was pure hotness. My close friends watched him for me to see if he was flirting with other girls. They reported what they saw everyday. It was very funny to come and think of it now. I got news he was involved in a fight and someone punched his face. He didn't tell me. My friend was the one who found out. When i asked him, he said it was nothing. They told me about his ex-gf too who was still in the school. She was cool and moved on already. 

We were so close and met often at school. Practically the whole school knew about it. It was too late to keep it a secret anymore. There was a time when we were suppose to meet after school and he couldn't make it. He came to my class, told my teacher he needed to see me, came to me and asked me to meet him outside. He told me he had a doctor appointment. Since that day, he was very secretive. 

He was in Boys Scouts. I was in Girl Guides. One day, Boys Scouts organised a camp at night in the school compound. He wanted me to go. I couldn't because I had to attend a family event in Melaka. I never knew that night would be the destruction of our long-built relationship ........

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  *


To be continued......





Comments

Google Ads

Popular posts from this blog

What You Need to Know Before Rebonding Your Hair

SPM Tips: The Right Way To Study Biology, Physics and Chemistry

Last Minute Add Math Tips For SPM

Family Vacation in Kota Kinabalu

How To Clean White Laptop

My SPM Results